Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday Musings

It's Tuesday with Tea Inspiration!
I'm just wallowing in joyful bliss!  Blessed!   

What do I hope is most remembered about me....???? 

In Acts Chapter 9:vs 36:  NIV

In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas);  she was always doing good and helping the poor.


KJV
vs 36:  Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of Good Works and almsdeeds  which she did.

A few days ago on FB --- I posted this picture of a quilt in progress.  I'm planning on giving it to my brother in California soon.   A reply post of abt 6 lines came from a guy/wife (30 yr friends b4 kids) who said that I had given them a quilt that they cherish to this day.   Hmnnn.... I don't remember giving, I don't know what pattern or type of quilt it was, or why -- again -- my quilts are my good deeds ... Why I was moved to give it (except that they are friends!!)   
Thus....for me . . . .What are my good works and ALMS-DEEDS?
Indeed, it may be the sharing of a recipe,  the giving of a TEA CUP or cup of kindness.  It's a hand crafted item.   It's a Bible study group or Bible class in which I share.   It's my co-worker.... sharing God's point of view.  

My dad often preached of men and especially GOOD Godly Women... who were kind, prayerful and who did good deeds for their pastor/Huggins family!  He never forgot and repeated their stories as I remember most!  

  1. Titus 2:7
In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

I want to be remembered for my good deeds, simple pleasures.  I'm pretty stern and outspoken.... but my heart cries to share with friends and to encourage women in pursuing God's best for them!   

Definition:  ALMS-DEEDS
Acts of mercy, or almsdeeds, are ways in which we give out of our own abundance to meet another's needs

This co-adventure in life of loving a cup of tea... and wanting to share simple joy and pleasures with my friends.... is my ALMSDEEDS !!


ALMS-DEEDS:   
The compassionate relieving of another’s material need for God’s sake. 
ALMS-DEEDS
. . . .are a part of the overall works of mercy that a Christian disciple performs (either directly or indirectly) 

 Our Saturday Tea was hosted by "Inspirations Tea Room"

If you visit their Edmond, OK website.... The owners are beautifully living a dream and providing beauty and comfort... and inspiration with a purpose!


 Old Love Raspberry......Teaoli

The rich fresh berry flavor of this herbal creation reminds you of the freshly squeezed juice of red fruits.  The reapberry tea lover's dream!

Steep Time 10-12 min
Teaoli.com
Norman & Edmond, OK  405-348-5566





 My daughter and her daughter sippin tea!
 I have a grandson due in about 3weeks!!!
Garage sale finds!.... @ home, I'm polishing my Silver tableware!
 And I circled back to an 8am garage sale...  last Saturday after 2pm.   Bargained the lady down from $7 to $5.00 for the plate stand.   I spray painted it dark blue.... and I'm luvin it!

I will be joining the following parties this week:  

Have a Great Day!
May your troubles be less, your blessings more, and may nothing but happiness, come through your door


Beverly J. Huggins Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment

SO glad you stopped by to make this world a better place !