Friday, April 18, 2014

My newest passion ~ sippin tea and quiltin quilts !

I had to go snooping at an antique shop out on 10th street in Oklahoma City during the lunch (2) hour!

I found ($15) a Royal Albert Bone China FLOWER OF THE MONTH.... dated 1970 . . . no less it was my birth month of JANUARY! (1954)

The wooden stand.... is just too cute!!!    A teacup and 5 1/2" saucer in great condition.   A pleasing green reflection... named Snowdrops!
and then.... as my girlfriend says quite often.... PRESENTATION is EVERYTHING...  I bought a nice lil hankie.... added a thimble.   and no less that a hand painted plate with a chickadee on a beautiful limb!

My mother used to nickname me "Chicadee".... Mama was born in Chickasha... and so were four out of six children...(me!).  I remember my Big Mama had a talking-tweeting bird in a cage!

Oh.... when I get home now-a-days....   It's sewing and quiltin quiet time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SO glad you stopped by to make this world a better place !