Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Meaning of Utilitarian Tea


I'm thinking of myself -- as I search for teacups and teapots.  I want utility.  I want usable... I want a smooth touch to my lips and hands in the cup.   I really see no need for the teapot.. (btw ... how do I get and keep water hot in a china pot???)


I googled utilitarian tea.....   survey results came up!!  although I don't find the survey sample as relevant for the entire USA.... but 
NEW ORLEANS, LAThe National Coffee Association’s survey of drinking trends for the first time in decades revealed the number of past-day tea drinkers is greater than adults choosing soda.  The survey engaged a nationally representative sample of about 3,000 people 18 and older. It is conducted in January and February each year

TMI --- (too much information)  . . . . Indian tea is grown at elevations of 7,500 meters, as high as any in the Himalayan foothills and the plantations date to the late 1800s. South India teas are known for their aroma, balanced astringency and lingering aftertaste. This awards event was first organized in 2005. The judges gave high praise to this year’s competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SO glad you stopped by to make this world a better place !